Part-time position (25 – 30 hours per week)
Verge is a collaborative strategic alliance established to grow the region’s innovation economy, technology, and life sciences sectors, and the supporting professional communities. Considering future growth opportunities, Valleys Innovation Council, an alliance member of Verge, is seeking a Financial and Administrative Coordinator to support its operating procedures, financial grant reporting, future budget planning efforts, and to help strategize operational efficiencies, based on their analysis. This role will include supporting the Verge team on broader projects and duties, like:
- – Works with bookkeepers to properly track expenditures/transactions across all grants and projects
- – Maintains proper financial documentation of expenses and revenue of our vendors, contributors, and sponsors
- – Supports monthly reconciliation process of banking and checking statements by maintaining proper documentation
- – Supports leadership with financial planning and personnel commitments required on each grant/project
- – Works with the Grants Manager to support financial elements on grant reports and remittances
- – Provides financial data and information to support the annual budget(s)
- – Offers financial forecasting/projections and grant budget planning to optimize funds
- – Prepares financial reports and administrative support on future grant funding opportunities and other sources of revenue
- – Supports the annual audit and annual form renewals
- – Serves as the customer service liaison and building manager at the Gill Memorial Building in Roanoke for RAMP vendors and tenants, including lease and vendor contract management
- – Manage communications through Verge/VIC websites, social media (LinkedIn), and newsletter coordination
- – Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business or a related field.
- – Grant experience and management preferred on cross-functional projects.
- – Experience in Microsoft Excel to effectively analyze financial information, budget plan, and make forecasts.
- – Working knowledge of project management tools and shared drives.
- – Experience working with coalitions, tech industry, and/or non-profits is preferred.
- – Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and prioritize deliverables.
- – Experience working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- – Must be energetic and self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task and easily adapt to change.
- – Must have excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- – Must have excellent organization, planning and time management abilities.
Verge is a collaborative strategic alliance established to grow the region’s innovation economy, technology, and life sciences sectors, and the supporting professional communities. It aligns the strengths and programming efforts of the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council (RBTC), the Regional Accelerator and Mentoring Program (RAMP), and Valleys Innovation Council (VIC). Verge serves GO Virginia Region 2 and works to form collaborations with government, business, academia, and other organizations to advance the region and grow a thriving innovation economy.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.