GO Virginia’s regional council has 15 programs funded and under contract
Over the past two years, 15 programs have received grant funding from GO Virginia’s Region 2 Council in the following areas:
- Stopping the Brain Drain Strategy Development
- works to develop a complete talent attraction and retention program, aiming to keep graduates of the 25 colleges and universities in the region from moving away for jobs after they finish school.
- GO Virginia Region 2 Talent Collaborative
- works to stimulate the entire region’s economic growth by closing the skill and interest gap in middle- to high-skilled occupations in manufacturing, health care and information technology.
- Enhancing the Region through New Technology for Unmanned Systems
- works with Dabney S. Lancaster Community College to help build a drone technology program for the Alleghany Highlands region.
- Regional Career and Technical Education Study
- , through the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board, will increase the availability and alignment of CTE programs in the region.
- through the United Way of Southwest Virginia, will expand efforts to facilitate regional collaboration between schools and employers to equip and retain the next generation of the local workforce.
- Developing a Destination for Talent
- will connect an untapped pool of Virginia Tech undergraduates to regional employers seeking to find and retain talent and will provide faculty members with networking opportunities.
- Blockchain Ecosystem Catalyst
- , a collaboration of officials from Virginia Tech and Valleys Innovation Council, will address talent needs for mid-career professionals by providing seminars, short courses and training events that would ultimately lead to blockchain certifications.
To read more, check out the whole article below.