Join the live Virtual Classroom for an Interactive, half-day, overview of the National Science Foundation’s (NSF) grant programs. In addition to up-to-date information on the SBIR/STTR programs, we’ll take a deep dive into the NSF grant mechanisms, review how to navigate the NSF website and research projects qualities that would be considered Basic vs Translational, how to use web tools and how to avoid common pitfalls. Our virtual SBIR Classroom features activities and regular interaction with participants. Get your questions ready!
- 8:30am – SBIR/STTR ABCs and Overview of NSF program
- Reviewing registrations necessary for submission, strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the reviewers’ expectations, how to approach each section of the proposal, tips on navigating the submission process, and more
- 10:00am – 10-15-minute break
- 10:15am – Project Description elements
- Review the key elements of an NSF proposal. Discuss how to present your Technical Objectives for reviewers to understand your research plan to prove feasibility. Learn about the importance of the commercial plan and how to prepare a compelling commercial plan.
- 11:45am – 30-minute lunch break
- 12:15pm – Other key elements of the Phase I (budget, bio sketches, facilities, collaborators).
- 1:45pm – Final Q&A