During this session, CowanPerry PC attorneys Jim Cowan and Eric Chapman dive into reopening your business and what that may look like, including:
- EMPLOYEE SAFETY: A review of the latest guidelines from OSHA and CDC
- RECALLING EMPLOYEES: The “do’s” and “don’ts” of calling back furloughed employees
- PPP LOANS: Issues unique to those businesses that received a PPP Loan
- NEW EMPLOYMENT LAWS: Effective July 1, 2020. What does that mean for your business and more!
10:55 a.m. 11:00 a.m.
- Log in to ensure you are connected to event
- Mute yourself to reduce feedback for all attendees
We will begin promptly on the hour.
Please complete your registration online, and a follow-up email will be sent to you from the meeting organizer providing the Zoom link and virtual participant guidelines.
Thank you for participating virtually!
JAMES K. COWAN JR., CHAIRMAN AND ATTORNEY
- Chairman and attorney with CowanPerry PC in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel, complex business litigation, land use issues, and commercial real estate projects. He also serves as general outside counsel to numerous businesses
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- Over twenty-five years litigation experience in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law; selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor
540.443.2860 Blacksburg Direct
ERIC D. CHAPMAN, PARTNER AND ATTORNEY
- Partner and Attorney, CowanPerry, PC
- Practice focuses on outside general counsel services, including employment law compliance and business litigation.
- Represents clients with offices and employees across the country and around the world. Licensed to practice in Virginia and North Carolina.
- Member of the Virginia State Bar and North Carolina State Bar. Executive Committee Member of the Ted Dalton American Inns of Court and Board Member of the Community Foundation of the New River Valley and New River Valley Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- Recognized by SuperLawyers as a Virginia Rising Star in Employment law from 2017 through 2020.
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Washington & Lee University School of Law.
ABOUT COWANPERRY PC
CowanPerry PC Recognized by 2020 U.S. News® – Best Lawyers® ‘Best Law Firms’
CowanPerry PC is proud to announce that the firm was recognized in the 2020 edition “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report -The Best Lawyers®. The firm was acknowledged with rankings in 9 practice areas in the Roanoke Metropolitan area including:
Tier 1: Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, and Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
Tier 2: Corporate Law, Litigation – Labor & Employment, and Tax Law.
Tier 3: Employees Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Management, and Real Estate Law.
The “Best Law Firm” rankings are based on results of an evaluation process including client evaluations, peer reviews from leading attorneys, and analysis of additional information provided by law firms. To be eligible for a ranking in a particular practice area and metro region, a firm must have at least one lawyer who is included in The Best Lawyers in America©, which recognizes the top 4 percent of practicing attorneys in the US.