What We Believe
Broadband Communities is committed to helping all communities maximize the economic benefits of ultra-fast broadband networks. As part of that commitment, Bridging the Digital Divide will be the focus of our 2019 High-Speed Broadband: Driving America’s Growth Conference and Expo, October 30 and 31.
We will address the key elements in this haves vs. have-nots problem: urban vs. rural; high vs. low income; big carriers vs. the small guys… and more.
And to explore how to get the problem solved, we will look closely at:
* New technologies – like 5G and how fiber factors in
* New strategies – like creating a better broadband map and how to eliminate state laws that prohibit communities from addressing their bandwidth problems
* And new services – like educating the workforce of tomorrow and bringing better healthcare
We are assembling an outstanding multi-disciplinary roster of national, state and community leaders committed – as are we – to bridging the digital divide. Our speakers will provide a wealth of economic and policy research; how-to materials; case histories highlighting what is working well and what is not; and other practical information that attendees can take home and put to immediate use in their communities.
Finally, we also provide ample time for networking and learning about relevant, cutting-edge products and services.
We believe the federal government must play a pivotal role in bridging the digital divide. The involvement of Washington lawmakers and policy-setters is crucial to solving the problem.
Certainly, states and local communities should be encouraged – and enabled – to address these needs. But just as it took the federal government to finally bring electricity to all Americans – not just to the wealthy in urban areas – it will take a nationwide effort to connect all Americans to ultra-fast broadband.
We’re here to exchange ideas about solutions with Washington’s broadband champions – and to debate how best America can lead, and not get left behind, in the tech revolution.
Look Who You’ll Meet
- Federal legislative and government officials
- Municipal, regional and state officials
- Systems operators
- Telco and electric cooperative leaders
- Investors and lenders
- Economic development professionals
- Community anchor institution officials
- Telehealth experts
- Broadband champions
October 30 – 31, 2019
The Westin Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, VA
To register, follow the link below: