VIRTUAL PRESENTATION BROUGHT YOU BY COWANPERRY, PC IN COLLABORATION WITH RBTC & VTCRC
Join us for an online briefing with CowanPerry PC regarding the latest updates on evolving COVID-19 related work-related policies, as well as an opportunity for Q&A to discuss:
- best practices
- CDC and OSHA workplace guidance
- responding to a presumptive positive employee test
- ADA/ privacy obligations
- your legal obligations during the current pandemic
JAMES K. COWAN JR.
- Chairman and attorney with CowanPerry PC in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel, complex business litigation, land use issues, and commercial real estate projects. He also serves as general outside counsel to numerous businesses
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- Over twenty-five years litigation experience in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law; selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor
ERIC D. CHAPMAN
- Partner, CowanPerry, PC
- Practice focuses on outside general counsel services, including employment law compliance and business litigation.
- Represents clients with offices and employees across the country and around the world. Licensed to practice in Virginia and North Carolina.
- Member of the Virginia State Bar and North Carolina State Bar. Executive Committee Member of the Ted Dalton American Inns of Court and Board Member of the Community Foundation of the New River Valley and New River Valley Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- Recognized by SuperLawyers as a Virginia Rising Star in Employment law from 2017 through 2020.
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Washington & Lee University School of Law.
CowanPerry, PC is a law firm with nationally recognized expertise, trusted business advisors
and courtroom advocates providing practical solutions to protect and grow businesses in
Southwest Virginia. Since April of 2013, we have been able to successfully leverage our 100
plus years of combined legal experience to help our clients achieve their business goals. We
handle the needs of both emerging companies and established businesses throughout the
region from our offices in Blacksburg and Roanoke.
CowanPerry is focused on representing businesses and their owners. We provide experienced
legal counsel in the areas of:
- LABOR & EMPLOYMENT COUNSEL
- BUSINESS, EMPLOYMENT & COMPLEX COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
- CORPORATE & TAX
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- TRADEMARKS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- EMPLOYEE BENEFITS & ERISA
- TRUSTS & ESTATES
- BUSINESS SUCCESSION PLANNING
- LAND USE & COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- CONSTRUCTION LAW & LITIGATION
- OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL
For more information, contact:
James K. Cowan, Jr, Chairman
250 South Main Street Suite 226
Blacksburg, VA 24060