Blue Ridge Caucus: Northam recommends $4.9 million in Appalachian Regional Commission grants
Gov. Ralph Northam said Monday he is recommending nearly $5 million in Appalachian Regional Commission grants.
The $4.9 million in recommendations are spread between 20 projects in the Appalachian region of Virginia. The Appalachian Regional Commission — a federal agency focused on economic development in the rural region — will finalize approval of project awards later this year.
Here are the projects Northam recommended for funding:
• Buchanan County: $500,000 for the Paw Paw Waterline Extension
• Covington: $217,625 for the Alleghany Highlands Drone Zone (read more about this project here)
• Radford: Downtown City of Radford Planning Grant of $35,000
• Craig County: $250,000 for the Craig County Resource Center
• Friends of Southwest Virginia: $100,000 for the Trail Development, Sustainability and Connectivity in the Mount Rogers Anchor Area
• Town of Haysi: $500,000 for the Haysi Trails Center
• Henry County: $50,000 for Fieldale Recreation Center improvements
• Lee County: $500,000 for the Giles Hollow Waterline Extension and $500,000 for the Western Lee Sewer Infrastructure Project
And many more!
To see more, check out the whole article below.